Volunteer Time Reporting
Your participation and contribution of volunteer hours is important in two ways. First it makes you a better operator, and second, the recording and reporting of that time contributed helps support the Sussex County AUXCOMM Program. It is to your benefit and the benefit of the program that you get credit for the volunteer hours you contribute. The accounting and reporting of volunteer hours is important in presenting the value of the AUXCOMM program to the County Administration.
Volunteer Time Reporting Guidelines
All Registered AUXCOMM personnel are eligible to be included in the accounting of volunteer time contributed to the AUXCOMM program in the overall support of the mission. The items below are the guidelines for time reporting.
- All time in direct support of an EOC or AUXCOMM Mobilization, or RACES Activation.
- All time in direct support of a public service event.
- Attendance at a regular monthly meeting.
- Participation in work parties, exercises, drills, etc. in support of the EOC or AUXCOMM.
- Training activities related to emergency /disaster preparation and communication.
- Time on the air in an AUXCOMM sponsored activity.
- Time on the air in a formal net as an NCS / Alt. NCS, or actively handling traffic.
- Time spent installing, maintaining and repairing your personal station equipment.
- The hours you spend in taking on-line or class room courses related to amateur radio and disaster communications.
- Time spent in administrative activities, recordkeeping, preparing presentations for meetings and training sessions.
- Travel time from your residence to and from the activity is reportable in most cases. When in doubt refer to the Internal Revenue Service guidelines on volunteer mileage. If it is an allowable deduction for your situation, the time counts.
An accurate accounting of the time you contribute to the AUXCOMM program is going to require some effort by you and by AUXCOMM management. For directed activities, Mobilizations, etc., your time for the event is logged. The sign in sheet for a meeting reports your time for that. However, travel time, station maintenance, and continuing education are your responsibility to track and report. A Volunteer Time Report form, as well as an online app on the website, is available for your use in tracking and reporting your time.