Regular practice and continued training in the art and craft of radio communication is necessary to maintain proficiency. This can be accomplished in a variety of ways.
- Participation in planned public service events.
- Operation in activations in support of EOC/MCU Operations.
- Participation in regularly scheduled operation opportunities and formal nets.
- Attending regularly scheduled meetings.
- Taking online courses, such as those offered through FEMA’s Emergency Management institute.
- Pursuing certification through ARRL online course offerings.
- Taking courses offered by DEMA.
- Take advantage of opportunities to operate in public service events away from your local area.
- Make the effort to upgrade your license and participation level.
The Sussex County RACES Group Management Team can establish minimum participation requirements for all levels of participation if they determine it is in the best interest of the group for the maintenance of preparedness and proficiency.
March 10, 2016